Senior Creative Writer - Mojang
Mojang is looking to add a versatile writer with strong storytelling, scriptwriting and narrative design skills to join their creative team! This person will be responsible for shaping the narrative elements of many of our projects, as well as producing scripts for stage events and videos ranging from the promotional and informative to the deeply silly.
We are a small, close-knit team, so this person should be able to jump in and support the communications team in several other, adjacent areas — like writing about the game, the community and future updates on Minecraft.net, our social channels, and wherever else we have the chance to spread the word. We usually also help to proof and feedback on each other’s writings, all in the interest of putting out top quality content to our community and beyond.
The successful applicant will work closely with our Stockholm and Redmond teams under the guidance of the Director of Creative Communications and will report to our Head of Marketing Communications. They will be an excellent writer with good organisation skills and a proactive approach to the varied work ahead. And of course, they are a terrifically pleasant individual to be around!
What You’ll Do
● Writing and owning scripts, mostly for marketing & event productions.
● Providing support as needed by writing about Minecraft-related goings-on across various mediums, and engaging with our community for in-depth features.
● Occasionally consulting on, shaping, and directly writing narratives for future games and other secret projects! Shhh...
Who You Are
● You have an excellent grasp of written English, and the ability to write for our diverse audiences. This includes proven creative writing skills demonstrating a great ear for dialogue, humour and pace.
● You have a thorough understanding of the process of taking a script from concept to production.
● You have a clear understanding of how narratives work within an interactive medium, and how to tell the most effective story while fitting around a pre-existing design and to a budget.
● You have some background in, or understanding of, the world of PR and marketing, as we often collaborate closely with those departments.
● You have an interest in video games and in Mojang’s history.
● You take ownership of your projects and see them through to delivery.
● You have experience writing against deadlines as well as managing your time and workload across various projects, big and small.
● You are willing to travel internationally and occasionally work outside of standard working hours.
● You have opinions on Mojang as a company, our relationship with the community, and the products we offer.
● A plus if you have excellent research skills and a proactive attitude to finding exciting, fresh content for the Minecraft community.
This is a senior level full-time employment at Mojang AB in Stockholm.